You are not alone. If you or someone
you know needs help, view resources.
Hotlines and More Information
In an emergency situation, always call 911. Emergency situations can include a recent threat of violence, recent act of violence or if your safety or someone else’s is in imminent danger.
(all are 24 hours a day unless otherwise noted)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 | www.thehotline.org
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474 | www.loveisrespect.org
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) | www.rainn.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255 | www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Legal and Shelter Information
Legal information can be useful to help you understand your rights and know how your state and national laws protect you, and if you wish to press charges. View legal resources.
Local to Joyful Heart
- Safe Horizon Rape & Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-621-4673 | www.safehorizon.org (multiple languages)
- Violence Intervention Program: 1-800-664-5880 (bilingual, Spanish and English) | www.vipmujeres.org
- Sakhi for South Asian Women: 212-868-6741 | www.sakhi.org
- Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project: 212-714-1141 (bilingual, English and Spanish) | www.avp.org
- California Partnership to End Domestic Violence: 1-800-524-4765 | www.cpedv.org
- Peace Over Violence: 310-392-8381 | www.peaceoverviolence.org
- Hawaiʻi State Coalition Against Domestic Violence: 1-808-832-9316 | www.hscadv.org
- Sex Abuse Treatment Center: 1-808-524-7273 | www.satchawaii.com
There are many organizations that can support you that are not listed. View a list of compiled resources.
If you’re interested in advocating to help end domestic violence, learn how to get involved.