You are not alone. If you or someone
you know needs help, view resources.
Joyful Heart in the News
Joyful Heart Foundation reveals findings from new study
A new study reveals the number of Hawaii families touched by child abuse.
The Joyful Heart Foundation asked people around the state if they know someone who's been abused. Approximately 40 percent of those people answered "yes."
According to the study, 80 percent feel that it's a major problem, but the remaining 20 percent think it's a minor one.
"Two-thirds of residents are unsure of the signs, so this gives us a really fantastic opportunity to educate residents about what to look for in terms of child abuse and neglect," Joyful Heart Foundation CEO Maile Zambuto said.
These findings will be used in a public awareness program that will kick off later this year.
Hawaii News Now is proud to be the media partner for the campaign.