About the Pepsi Refresh Project
From February 1 - February 28, Joyful Heart is participating in the Pepsi Refresh Project and is in the running to win a $250,000 grant. Pepsi is looking for people, businesses, and non-profits with ideas that will have a positive impact. They've asked participants to look around our communities and think about how we want to change it.
To sign up and vote in the Pepsi Refresh Project now, click here.
Joyful Heart's Proposal
Our project was born from a need and desire among our program participants and partners to form a community that collectively turns towards the issues of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse. Our supporters were desperately searching for a way to stay connected to Joyful Heart. Our plan is to produce and distribute 3 issues of JHF's magazine, Reunion. We have heard from survivors that our first issue was a life-changing tool.
One reader said, "I cannot express the joy on my face when I saw it in the mail." Now we want to share our message with a wider audience. We will feature a survivor's path to joy and will engage readers in three ways that mirror our mission: helping survivors and practitioners heal with thoughtful self-care; educating our supporters and partners about issues important to our cause; and empowering the wider community with ways to work together to help end the cycle of violence and abuse.
The goals of our project are to:
- Create a magazine that provides a sense of hope and possibility to survivors of abuse and violence who are often living with fear, shame and isolation and to let those survivors know they are not alone.
- Provide a sense of connection and support to survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse who we would otherwise not be able to reach or serve due to geographic and financial limitations.
- Help foster a national dialogue about the issues of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse by featuring at least one story of a survivor's personal experience, providing examples of others who are helping to make a difference, and calling on every member of our society to join us to end the cycle of violence and abuse. We seek to build a community that says to survivor "We hear you. We believe you. We feel for you. And your healing is our priority."
- Offer concrete self-care tools ranging from yoga and movement to journaling and art therapy that will allow a reader to nourish their mind, body and spirit.
- Increase print circulation from 5,000 to 15,000 per issue and boost online impressions to over 60,000 per issue.
Click here to cast your vote to fund the next three issues of Reunion.
What Can You Do to Help?
We're calling on everyone in our joyful community to lend and head and help spread the word out our project. Your efforts can help make a difference in the lives of thousands of survivors of the healers that work with them.
Here's what you can do:
Joyful Heart has already started to make a difference. With your help — and this grant from Pepsi — we'll change the world.
Starting February 1st, vote for Reunion and up to 9 of your other favorite ideas every day. Visit the Pepsi Refresh Project website to VOTE NOW. Or, if you're on Facebook, you can vote here.
- Remember to Vote Again Everyday
Each registered user can vote for up to 10 ideas every day for the entire month of February. Think about it, that's 28 votes that can help us win $250,000 to help survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse. Remember to visit www.refresheverything.com each day and cast your vote.
To make it easier for you, add these helpful reminders to your calendar.
Outlook and iCal
- Spread the Word
Help us spread the word. Use your Facebook pages, your Twitter accounts, your email contact lists, any contacts you have — to encourage people to vote, and keep voting for Joyful Heart. Do you run a company? Email your employees and ask them to vote. Link your homepage to the Pepsi Refresh site. Put a Vote Joy button in your email signature or blog about our project.
- Click here to download VOTE JOY: Profile Icons | Flyers
- Copy these sample tweets:
- 1 click could = $250,000 for survivors of violence and abuse, vote for @TheJHF in #pepsirefresh project here: http://bit.ly/bsR09V
- @TheJHF is in the running for a $250,000 grant through #pepsirefresh, vote at http://bit.ly/bsR09V
- VOTE JOY! Visit http://bit.ly/bsR09V to support @TheJHF in the #pepsirefresh project
- Post these Facebook updates:
- 1 click could = $250,000 for survivors of violence and abuse, vote for the Joyful Heart Foundation by visiting www.refresheverything.com/votejoy.
- Joyful Heart's mission is to heal, educate and empower survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse. Help them secure a $250,000 grant from the Pepsi Refresh Project. Visit www.refresheverything.com/votejoy to vote today!
Support Reunion. Click here to VOTE JOY today.